Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mama and baby whale

Maybe it's because of Earth Day this past week, but I've had environmental themes on my mind a lot lately. I was suddenly reminded of a project I stitched up a few years back when my girlfriend Jen had her gorgeous little girl, Teagan. Since Jen is a Co-Founder of a non-profit that protects the New England coast (more on that VERY soon!), I made a whale design for this project:


Here's a close-up of the mama and baby whale:


This design was cross-stitched on some plastic aida, which was inserted into a little sippy cup. My photo of the final project came out way over-exposed, but you can get the idea:



We're having a very gray and rainy day here in Beacon, so it may be the perfect time to hunker down and finish up my Genesis lyrics project. More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment