Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pot Roast Carbonnade

Yesterday I had a day off from work, and since I rarely have time to make a big supper, I decided to do a little cooking. I recently found a really nice recipe for Pot Roast Carbonnade by Melissa D'Arabian. (Any recipe that calls for a bottle of beer has to be good, right?) I think I've only seen Melissa's show on the Food Network once, but I'm looking forward to trying some of her other recipes based on the way this one turned out:




We ate it with some homemade mashed potatoes, red cabbage and a little malbec that one of Steven's lovely clients gave to us -- yum!

By the way, do you see that cute little pumpkin napkin holder in the top photo? Picked that up at the Family Dollar yesterday for $2! I'm starting to develop an unhealthy obsession with that store...

No comments:

Post a Comment