Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vintage handmade felt zoo animal ornaments!

I absolutely love pulling out the Christmas ornaments from my childhood every year, and most of my favorites were crafted by my mom. This past year, I've gotten really into crafting with felt, so I'm especially cheered by these felt zoo animals that my mom made (incorporating both sewing and hand embroidery) back in the late 1970s or early 1980s.


a happy hippo


i love his little lion toenails


every fashionable pig has a yellow bow on her tail this year


look at those spots! (mom was a master satin-stitcher, apparently!)


These little guys are a fitting decoration at a time of year when everywhere you go feels like a zoo! Do you have any beloved ornaments that you look forward to every Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment