Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beacon, NY in the New York Times!


via


I saw this article in the New York Times yesterday, and was happy to see Beacon and some of the other nearby Hudson Valley towns in the news. But since I was viewing the article on the small screen of my iPhone, one detail escaped my notice: that I am the chick on the left hand side of this shot of Beacon's Main Street! When my husband took a look at the article on a real computer screen this morning, he recognized that it was me. What a hoot! I had just walked out of Salon Arje, where Arif had hooked me up with a new color and a trim. (Thanks Arif!)


There's actually a lot of cool stuff going on in Beacon this weekend. Last night the patio at The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls opened up, and we stopped by after work and grabbed drinks and a little nosh while overlooking the falls.


The Roundhouse by day

My iPhone photo from the patio last night -- it was hopping there!


And if that isn't exciting enough, there's a very cool event happening here tonight as well:

via

Electric Projected is a street party that will feature bands, DJs, and animated shorts projected onto the facade of the Electric Windows building on the east end of Beacon's Main Street -- right where the NYT photo at the beginning of this post was taken. Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. Oi, you're famous! :o)

    Where you live sounds cool. I like the mural you're standing in front off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Annika: yes, this is my 15 minutes of fame! :)

    I'm excited about Beacon! I think it's a cool place now with potential to get even cooler. You'll have to visit if you're ever in New York. :)

    ReplyDelete