I really enjoyed making this because it was a multi-step project. First, I shot the photo of the jasmine flower, over a year ago when we were on vacation in Spain. Here's that original photo:
Then I cropped the photo to make it round:
I wanted the ornament to actually have the scent of jasmine, so I mixed up some jasmine essential oil...
...with some cellulose fiber fixative, which absorbs the scent of the essential oil, making the scent last longer in a project.
I printed my cropped photo on some photo fabric that can be put right through the computer printer:
And then I stitched my photo fabric onto the felt, which I embellished with embroidery. Once the embroidery was done, I sewed the front and back pieces together with a little blanket stitch, and stuffed the inside with my jasmine-scented fixative and some fiber fill. Here are some more photos I took before wrapping it up and giving it away today:
I've got several more ornaments underway at the moment, and will reveal them here sometime soon. Happy holidays!