Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our house

I'm working on a project right now that I am REALLY excited about. As I mentioned yesterday, we bought a house and moved out of the city in 2009. Here's a photo of our house:


My husband Steven, who is a fabulous graphic designer (not that I'm biased or anything), made an illustration of our new place based on the photo above and gave it to me as a framed print for Christmas gift last year:


For the last couple of weeks, I've been stitching away on my daily commute, turning Steven's work into a cross-stitch, hoping to have it done in time for Valentine's Day. I may not meet the V-Day deadline, but I'm making good progress and should have a finished photo to post sometime soon. I'm also learning a lot about how to lay out and stitch our original designs, and I'll be sure to share some of those lessons in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment