Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming

It's the second night of Hanukkah, and my thoughts have turned to... LATKES!


Earlier this evening I remembered the adorable Hanukkah book that I picked up last year, The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming (by Lemony Snicket and Lisa Brown):





You really have to read this book -- I think it's hilarious. Here's our poor little upset latke protagonist:


In case you can't tell what he's saying:


When I remembered that we had this book, I was struck by how easy it would be to create a screaming-latke-inspired embroidery. First I traced the illustration onto my handy-dandy Sulky Solvy Water Soluble stabilizer:


And then I stitched away by the light of the menorah! (Ok, it was the light of the TV but that hardly seems as festive, right?)


His arms and legs came out a little janky, but other than that I think he's a handsome fella.


I hope that you have many delicious holiday treats planned for the coming days as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment