Monday, February 25, 2013

Fat quarter napkins


It was probably ill-advised to practice sewing mitred corners after a couple glasses of red, but I'm happy to report that I whipped up these fat quarter napkins a few evenings ago without injury or mishap. 


I've had these pretty fat quarters with an earthy palette in my fabric stash for some time, but I wasn't sure what to make with them. As our family tries to find small ways to save money and cut down on disposable paper goods, I decided they'd be great as simple, every-day dinner napkins. And I love that they are in contrasting fabrics, as that will make it easy to keep track of which napkin belongs to whom.



And thanks to an excellent tutorial here, I can say that I'm a bit more confident in my mitering (mitreing?) skills than I was before. Now what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment