Monday, March 11, 2013

Vintage kitchen cross-stitch


Last weekend I was out for an afternoon of brunching and shopping with my dear friend M, and we wandered into a little antique shop called Bric-A-Brac in Newburgh, NY. We had a blast browsing through all the cute things there, and I was especially excited when I came across this sweet old kitchen-themed cross-stitch. 



I rarely buy old needlework because it's usually outside my price range in most antique shops. But this piece, which I fell in love with immediately, was really affordable, so I snapped it right up. 




One of my favorite things to do is to experiment in the kitchen, and I couldn't agree more with the sentiments in this lovely piece. We hung it up yesterday, and I know it will inspire me when I'm making many great (hopefully great!) meals to come.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome find, it's very cute. I like the warm colour palette. I know what you mean about pricey embroidery. I'm always on the lookout, but can rarely justify to spend the money, although I more than appreciate the time and effort they has gone into a piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annika! Our kitchen walls are a warm golden yellow so it fits right in! That's definitely the thing about embroidery -- it's so time-consuming! I'm thinking about this a lot as I work on my goal of opening an Etsy shop. It's hard to price embroidery pieces so that they are affordable for consumers *and* match the amount of time and effort that the stitcher has put into them!

      Delete
  2. That is super cute. Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I'm really enjoying it. It reminds me of the kinds of things my mom would have put up in our kitchen back in Rochester! :)

      Delete