Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prayer Flag WIP

As I mentioned in a recent post, our amazing friends Maureen and Laura are getting married! I'm very excited about their big day, which is coming up in October. 


They have invited all their wedding guests to create/decorate a prayer flag, an idea they are borrowing from the Buddhist faith. As they explain, "A prayer flag is a rectangular cloth often found strung along mountain ridges and peaks high in the Himalayas. When the wind blows through it, it scatters blessings across the surrounding countryside." 


Isn't that a lovely idea?


The fabric for our prayer flag came in the mail recently. Here it is:




(Forgive me for the gratuitous inclusion of my tootsies. They are included for scale and to show off the pedi that I splurged on this weekend!)


Here's a close-up of the fabric:




I'm really excited about what I have in progress for this, and will reveal it here after their big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment